A wedding is likely to be the most expensive thing you've ever spent money on in one day. Brides often spend a significant amount of time investigating and speaking with prospective wedding providers before deciding on a short list.
Since we like to look on the bright side of life, we've already decided that we can afford to work with the best wedding vendors Melbourne has to offer.
Can you give me an estimate of how much a wedding in Melbourne would cost? Potentially too many factors are at play to make any definitive conclusions at this time. Okay, now let's get down to brass tacks.
How much do normal wedding expenses in Melbourne include? We were curious about things like the venue, photographer, bridesmaid gowns, flowers, band/DJ, and reception menu.
How much do weddings typically cost in Melbourne, Australia, in the year 2022? The couple's budget for the wedding's services will be clearer when they've done their homework.
We have collected statistics on wedding prices in Melbourne for the last four years to assist you in setting a reasonable budget for your big day. First, let's take a look at the overall picture of wedding spending.
A Guide To Finding Low-Cost Wedding Venues
We're pleased to share our knowledge with you and do more than just compile a list of cheap wedding venues in Melbourne. Take a look and perhaps it will motivate you:
- Look for any hidden expenses. It's important to go beyond the headline price when selecting a wedding location. The corkage and cake-cutting fees, for example, are often hidden. Confirming whether or not the service fee is included in the total cost is also recommended. The last step is to make sure you have a good idea of how much it will cost to supply all the amenities you will need on your special day that aren't already included in the venue's pricing.
- Morning weddings are the best. It's becoming more common for couples to have breakfast or brunch receptions for their nuptials in Melbourne. The first movers among you will love this alternative to the standard wedding ceremony. Booking a venue later in the day will cost more than if you have your party earlier in the day due to increased demand.
- Consider having a winter wedding. You may avoid the heat wave by visiting Melbourne, where winter temperatures seldom drop below 10 degrees on average. It's preferable to have a wedding around June and August since that's when venues are at their most affordable. This option is worth thinking about if there is a desirable location that you cannot afford.
- Reduce the expense of decorating. It may be time consuming and expensive to decorate an empty room. If you select one of our existing gorgeous wedding locations, you may receive all the nice stuff included in the price! A bouquet of flowers and some thoughtful additions can do the trick, plus you'll still have plenty of cash to spare.
- Costs to rent a wedding venue in Melbourne might vary widely depending on a number of variables. The range of $500 to $1500 is often seen as fair for hiring smaller venues. Prices typically begin at roughly $1500 for venues that can accommodate more than 200 people.
- The most convenient and least expensive way to have a wedding in Melbourne is with one of the many all-inclusive packages available. Food and beverage menus, venue rental fees, and any ancillary services are usually included in these. The most basic packages start at $40 per person, while less than $100 is considered cheap, and less than $75 is a wonderful bargain.
Looking for a low-cost Melbourne wedding venue but don't know where to start? Check out some of our favourite places:
- Melbourne CBD – You may believe it is hard to locate an affordable wedding location in the middle of Melbourne. We now know exactly where to look! We'd be delighted to lead you to some of the Central Business Districts and beyond's most charming lanes, where you'll find charming and economical wedding venue jewels.
- South-East Melbourne – The range of South-East Melbourne venues is genuinely astounding, from the laid-back coastal districts (St. Kilda, Elwood) with their abundance of inexpensive beachfront venues to the trendy suburban areas (Pradran, Windsor) with their abundance of restaurants and pubs accessible for private hire.
FAQs About Wedding Venue
Focus on wedding venues near the Yarra River. Many have waterfront views and easy access to green areas, making a perfect backdrop for a rustic wedding reception. We know how to spot the affordable ones, too!
Many Melbourne bars are more than happy to host laid-back wedding receptions, and their rates are inexpensive too! Our favourite locations include Fitzroy (we love its rooftop bars!).
The average wedding cost was $19,000. Having a wedding isn't as simple as saying "I do" — and it's a lot more expensive. The average cost of a wedding in 2020 was $19,000 (including the ceremony and reception), according to The Knot's 2020 Real Weddings Study.
For couples looking for a ceremony and reception venue that offers everything, including luxurious accommodations for you and your guests, consider the Grand Hyatt in Melbourne, Victoria. As soon as you walk into the exquisite foyer, you know you're in good hands.
Carlton Gardens, which can be found to the north of the Central Business District of Melbourne, is one of the most well-known and traditional locations in Melbourne for individuals to be married in an outdoor garden setting.
Best Budget-Friendly Wedding Locations In Melbourne
Trying to plan a wedding in Melbourne but have no idea where to find affordable ceremony locations? Your hunt, in a nutshell, is over. The venue rental fee is often the most expensive part of a wedding's budget, but with Tag venue, you can have a beautiful celebration in Melbourne without going into debt.
We provide a large selection of competitively priced wedding rooms of varied sizes. They allow you to have a stunning wedding for far less than $100 per person. We can't wait to assist you in planning the wedding of your dreams, no matter the number of guests or the subject matter of the celebration, while staying within your financial means.
If you're organising a wedding in Melbourne, the most challenging step will be choosing a single venue. The culturally varied city of Melbourne, Australia's second biggest, has something to offer everyone.
You can find every sort of wedding location imaginable in Melbourne. Our editors have selected the best wedding venues in Melbourne.
This brand-new Melbourne jewel ensures a beautiful ceremony with all the trimmings. This flower-filled, fairytale location is perfect for wedding ceremonies and receptions, and it exudes a sense of timeless elegance and sophistication.
Whitestone Events is the place to go if you want a one-of-a-kind, magnificent location that requires very little embellishment and can accommodate up to 150 wedding guests in its breathtaking, diamond chandelier-clad ballroom. A flowery canopies, white, shiny floor, and velvet walls create an opulent atmosphere.
- Capacity: 150 Guests
- Address: Bentleigh East, Victoria, 936 North Road
Located at the end of a rainbow, the beautiful Eynesbury Homestead is surrounded by exquisite gardens.
This breathtaking location has a historic bluestone farmhouse from the 1870s, magnificent gardens, and a picture-perfect lake, making it ideal for a fairytale wedding.
The Eynesbury Homestead offers a number of secluded rooms perfect for hosting special events. It's ideal for nuptials of any size, from the smallest (20 people) to the largest (200 people) because of its flexible seating and catering capacities (seated, or 150 people; cocktail, or 200 people).
To get to the location from Melbourne, it will take less than half an hour in the car, so it won't be out of the way for day-trippers.
- Address:Eynesbury, Victoria 3338, 487 Eynesbury Road
Many weddings ceremony and reception venues in Diggers Rest, Victoria, can't compare to the splendour of this estate. You may be married under the multi-tiered waterfall, in the shade of the trees, or beneath one of the many arches (Bridal, Wine Garden, Horseshoe).
This winery is approximately 40 minutes from Melbourne and offers packages starting at $1,500 for hiring and $85 per person for supper.
- Capacity: not stated
- Type: Winery / Vineyard
- Address: Holden Rd & 760-818, Diggers Rest, Victoria 3427
You may discover even another beautiful venue for your wedding celebrations and photos at Rockbank, Victoria, at a winery and events centre that has a waterfall, gardens, vines, gazebo, and courtyard.
A starry night's atmosphere may be created by spraying glittering lights over the wood ceiling of the reception area.
- Capacity: 80 to 260 Guests
- Address: Plumpton, VIC 3335, 557 Leakes Rd
The Ivory, located in Elsternwick, Victoria, is a fairytale venue for brides and grooms seeking a traditionally beautiful setting for their nuptials.
The ballroom can accommodate up to 350 people for a formal supper and has a spacious dance floor, making it ideal for a reception.
We have a beautiful patio in the rose garden where you may have your ceremony surrounded by iceberg roses and wisteria arbours and Georgian buildings.
We also have a bridal suite for you to enjoy!
- Capacity: 100 to 300 Guests
- Address: Elsternwick VIC 3185, 37 Clarence St
You need look no farther than Cockatoo, Victoria's Avalon Castle for the fairy-tale wedding of your dreams.
Beautiful ivy grows all over the castle's walls, and the grounds have been meticulously maintained so that you may take stunning pictures of your wedding.
Wedding ceremonies may take place in the garden gazebo or chapel (stained glass), and receptions can be held in the dining area for up to 120 guests.
- Capacity: 30 to 120 Guests
- Address: 1 Flora Cl, Cockatoo VIC 3781
The Grand Hyatt in Melbourne, Victoria, is an excellent choice for couples who want a one-stop-shop for their wedding ceremony and reception, with opulent rooms for both the couple and their guests.
It's safe to say that everyone who enters the luxurious lobby of this establishment is in excellent hands.
Choose from 15 different event locations, including the elegant Savoy and Mayfair Ballrooms, for your wedding and reception.
- Capacity: 50 to 600 Guests
- Address: Melbourne, VIC 3000, 123 Collins St.
It's located in Melbourne, Victoria, in Wattle Park, between both the Hercules and Damper Creeks, and offers a venue and wedding planning service.
The Chalet is a historic property with 137 acres of gorgeous grounds and a private garden, making it a wonderful location for a wedding.
This is the place to go if your taste runs to the roaring twenties. Additionally, they may accommodate up to 200 seated guests or 250 cocktail-style people for a wedding reception.
- Capacity: 40 to 200 Guests
- Address: Surrey Hills VIC 3127, 1012 Riversdale Rd
The Yarra River provides a picturesque backdrop for a wedding event at a site in South Wharf, Victoria.
No, ladies, we are not wasting your time; this location was named Australia's Best Reception Venue for good reason. The area has its original wood flooring and boasts an attractive blend of industrial and romantic design elements.
Approximately two hundred and thirty people may be seated for supper at this wedding reception.
Today is the day to visit their Facebook page for additional pictures and ideas.
- Capacity: 75 to 220 Guests
- Address: South Wharf, VIC, 61 S Wharf Promenade
Farm Vigano in South Morang, Victoria is one of our top picks for wedding locations in the greater Melbourne area. The Grand Dining Room, Italian Terraza, or Gala Room are all wonderful options for a wedding reception. If you're searching for a wedding location that combines European elegance with rustic appeal, and you're a fan of Italian food, then look no further.
- Capacity: 60 - 200 (Gala Room with Terrace) (Main Gala Room)
- Type: rustic, country, estate
- Address: South Morang, VIC 3752, 10 Bushmans Way
Popular Wedding Venues And Costs In Melbourne
Venue rental costs might cost anything from $1,500 to $4,000 in Melbourne. It's important to include in the prices of everything from the food and decorations to the planning and coordination as well as the dinnerware, drinks, cocktails, etc.
A wedding venue in Melbourne will cost you an average of $15,500. This number indicates the middle price paid by couples for over a hundred different locations in Melbourne during the last 18 months (January 2018 - July 2019).
Melbourne, Victoria is the most expensive place in Australia to have a wedding, with an average cost of $158 per attendee.
In the Melbourne region, the most popular wedding venues include hotels, waterfront venues, golf courses, and private rural estates (including vineyards). No matter what you choose to label it as. From laid-back rural style to stylish metropolitan elegance, you can find it here. It's easy for everyone to locate their desired information.
Travel & Hotel Accommodations
The Melbourne Airport facilitates the travel of out-of-state and foreign guests to your wedding. You can be certain that your guests will have no trouble getting to and from the event since it is situated just 22 kilometres from the heart of Melbourne.
There is no shortage of hotel and Airbnb alternatives in Melbourne and the surrounding area, with overnight costs ranging from $60 to $300. Hotels near the city and on the bay have a reputation for being more expensive, but there are plenty of options for your visitors on a budget.
Some of the most in-demand apartments and residences in the city can be found on Airbnb for as little as $50 per night, making it a viable option for budget-conscious travellers. It is important to bargain for a lower rate when booking a big block of hotel rooms.
Climate And Weather Considerations
The climate of Melbourne, Victoria, is mild and pleasant all year. Highs of 26 degrees Celsius in January and lows of 12 degrees Celsius in November characterise the summer months of November through March. Temperatures in the winter may be lower than in the summer (the high in August is 15 °C and the low in July is 7 °C), but your guests won't be too cold if the reception is held inside.
During the summer, rain is uncommon, falling on average just 5–6 days a month. If you're set on having an outside wedding or reception, just make sure there's an alternative inside space available in case of bad weather.
If you'd rather be married in the winter or spring, there are several beautiful indoor wedding locations available at significantly reduced rates.
Tips For Saving Money On Your Wedding Budget
- Tip No1. Learn how to spend $33,891 on your dream wedding in Melbourne.
- Tip No 2. Learn how each service provider contributes to your overall wedding budget. A wedding budget may see a price increase or decrease of between five and seven percent on each individual component.
- Tip No 3. Having a clear sense of what you value most. More than 60% of the overall expense goes into the location, food, photography, and attire for the wedding. To save money on those high-priced wedding services, you should look around more. Bridal parties often interview between three and five businesses in each service area. Please remember. There isn't enough time to meet every wedding service provider in this town. Grooms also tend to be less patient than women when it comes to wedding shopping.
- Tip No 4. Do not spend an excessive amount of money on just one wedding vendor, no matter how much you may like their service. It may cause you to go over your allotted budget, forcing you to forego other wedding necessities. Just imagine you're in a casino and you want to play some games. All of your winnings won't be revealed in one sitting. Don't change your strategy for planning a wedding's cost.
- Tip No 5. The price seems too good to be true, so don't fall for it. The true expenses and potential minefields wouldn't be known until much later. Before submitting the deposit, make sure you carefully read the terms and conditions.
We have data on wedding costs in Melbourne for the previous four years. Of course, the cost of renting a venue will rise if your big day is scheduled for later. Dates in June and August seem to be the most reasonably priced for wedding venues. However, the price of renting a wedding venue in Melbourne may fluctuate greatly based on a variety of factors.
Costs for locations with a capacity of more than 200 people usually start at about $15,000. The hardest part of planning a wedding in Melbourne is deciding on a location. The greatest Melbourne wedding locations, as chosen by our editors. They provide a wide range of wedding halls, from small to huge, for less than $100 per guest. Plumpton weddings at Rockbank Winery may use the winery's pavilion, courtyard, and gardens, as well as its waterfall and vine-covered vineyard.
Congratulations to Farm Vigano in South Wharf, Victoria, for winning the title of Australia's Best Reception Venue. A wedding celebration would be perfect in the Grand Dining Room, Italian Terraza, or Gala Room. The average cost of a wedding venue in Melbourne is $15,500. However, Airbnb has some of the most in-demand rooms and homes for as low as $50 per night. Although hotel rates in the downtown and bay areas are higher, there are many affordable choices for visitors.
How to spend $33,891 on a wedding in Melbourne is the first step in planning the wedding of your dreams. Every item in a budget may go up or down in price by five to seven per cent. The venue, catering, photography, and guest dress account for roughly 60% of the total cost of the wedding.
- Can you give me an estimate of how much a wedding in Melbourne would cost?
- The couple's budget for the wedding services will be clearer when they've done their homework.
- We have collected statistics on wedding prices in Melbourne for the last four years to assist you in setting a reasonable budget for your big day.
- Costs to rent a wedding venue in Melbourne might vary widely depending on some variables.
- The most convenient and least expensive way to have a wedding in Melbourne is with one of the many all-inclusive packages available.
- Melbourne CBD – You may believe it is hard to locate an affordable wedding location in the middle of Melbourne.
- The venue rental fee is often the most expensive part of a wedding's budget, but with Tag venue, you can have a beautiful celebration in Melbourne without going into debt.
- When you're organising a wedding in Melbourne, choosing a single venue is the most challenging step.
- You can find every sort of wedding location imaginable in Melbourne.
- Our editors have selected the best wedding venues in Melbourne.
- Whitestone Events is the place to go if you want a one-of-a-kind, magnificent location that requires very little embellishment and can accommodate up to 150 wedding guests in its breathtaking, diamond-chandelier-clad ballroom.
- You may discover another beautiful venue for your wedding celebrations and photos at Rock bank, Victoria, a winery and events centre with a waterfall, gardens, vines, a gazebo, and a courtyard.
- Choose from 15 different event locations for your wedding and reception, including the elegant Savoy and Mayfair Ballrooms.
- The Chalet is a historic property with 137 acres of gorgeous grounds and a private garden, making it a wonderful location for a wedding.
- The Yarra River provides a picturesque backdrop for a wedding event in South Wharf, Victoria.
- No, ladies, we are not wasting your time; this location was named Australia's Best Reception Venue for a good reason.
- Capacity: 75 to 220 Guests Address: South Wharf, VIC, 61 S Wharf Promenade Farm Vigano in South Morang, Victoria, is one of our top picks for wedding locations in the greater Melbourne area.
- A wedding venue in Melbourne will cost you an average of $15,500.
- This number indicates the median price paid by couples for over a hundred locations in Melbourne during the last 18 months (January 2018 - July 2019). Melbourne, Victoria, is the most expensive place in Australia to have a wedding, with an average cost of $158 per attendee.
- There is no shortage of hotel and Airbnb alternatives in Melbourne and the surrounding area, with overnight costs ranging from $60 to $300.
- Hotels near the city and on the bay have a reputation for being more expensive, but there are plenty of options for your visitors on a budget.
- It is important to bargain for a lower rate when booking a big block of hotel rooms.
- The climate of Melbourne, Victoria, is mild and pleasant all year.
- If you're set on having an outside wedding or reception, make sure there's an alternative inside space available in case of bad weather.
- If you'd rather be married in the winter or spring, several beautiful indoor wedding locations are available at significantly reduced rates.
- Learn how to spend $33,891 on your dream wedding in Melbourne.
- Learn how each service provider contributes to your overall wedding budget.
- More than 60% of the overall expense goes into the location, food, photography, and attire for the wedding.
- Looking around more to save money on those high-priced wedding services would be best.
- There isn't enough time to meet every wedding service provider in this town.
- Tip No 4. Do not spend an excessive amount of money on just one wedding vendor, no matter how much you may like their service.
- Don't change your strategy for planning a wedding's cost.